Can you imagine what nothing would be like? What if there truly was nothing? How would you define nothing? It seems easier for us to define our current reality, this world that appears to be solid as real as anyone can imagine. What then would nothing be like? Maybe nothing would feel like sleeping where we are totally unconscious to the world around us or maybe nothing would feel like those times when we are anesthetized for surgery. It almost seems the feeling of nothing is the separation or the turning off of the conscious mind, where our subconscious mind takes over. However, I digress, let us see if we can wrap our minds around some definitions first.
Definitions of something
· An undetermined or unspecified thing.
· An unspecified or undetermined amount.
· One having some or many of the same attributes, character, or essence as another.
· A remarkable or important thing or person.
· One who falls into a specified age range. Often used in combination.
· Of, relating to, or being a member of a specified age range. Often used in combination.
· A little; somewhat.
Definitions of nothing
· No thing; not anything.
· No part; no portion.
· One of no consequence, significance, or interest.
· Something that has no existence.
· Something that has no quantitative value; zero.
· One that has no substance or importance; a nonentity.
· Insignificant or worthless.
· In no way or degree; not at all.
Once again, it appears to be much easier to define “something” because we all feel that what we experience is real and solid. The science of quantum physics has shown evidence that what we think is solid, is entirely just possibilities. We have always been taught that the atom was the building block of our existence, which is a solid entity itself. The advent of quantum physics has proven that the atoms are about 95% empty space, and that the atom which is our building block of our reality, is simply filled with possibilities. I will not get deep into the science of this…